Business processes are a frequently used term across many industry verticals today, including the freight forwarding industry. But to understand what business process design is, you’ll need to know what a business process is and why it is essential to your business.
What is a Business Process?
A business process is a series of steps performed by management or stakeholders to achieve a concrete goal. Each step in a business process denotes a task that is assigned to a participant. It is the fundamental building block for several related ideas such as Business Process Management, Process Automation, etc.
The Benefits of Business Process Design
- Identify what tasks are important to your larger business goals
- Streamline them to improve efficiency
- Streamline communication between people/functions/departments to accomplish specific tasks
- Set a hierarchy of approvals wherever relevant to ensure accountability and an optimum use of resources
- Keep chaos from creeping into your day-to-day operations
- Standardize a set of procedures to complete tasks that really matter to your business
How Meraki Consulting can help
Our industry knowledge and expertise allow us to assist you by offering customised business process design for your supply chain or freight forwarding business. Meraki Consulting also offers training and consulting in CargoWise One, a system aimed at optimising your business.
In addition to this, our other services include project management, consulting, business process design and systems integration.
Contact us to find out how our services can help your business move forward.